Merchants will be able to connect the products in Warehouse on ShopHub with the same product that has been published in different authorized sales channels. Then, merchants will be able to see and modify those products' inventory levels in "Inventory" > "Channel Stock".
If the product SKUs are the same, products on ShopHub and on the authorized channels can be auto-connected by the system. ShopHub system will detect if there is any of the product SKU on sales channels and ShopHub are the same and have not connected, and will automatically connect those products every 2 hours. For details, please refer to this article: How to use system auto-connect?
After enabling “Auto-Sync” in “Product Settings”, ShopHub will automatically sync product information including the inventory levels everyday. Starting from 0:00 in the East Eight District, it will be automatically synchronized every 1 hour.
For more detailed automation information, please refer to ShopHub Automation.
- If there’s any transactions or editing that cause the product inventory updates on the sales channel stores, other than waiting for system auto-sync, merchants can sync products manually anytime, and ShopHub will fetch the current inventory on the sales channel.
If a merchant's ShopHub account did not enable the “Shared Inventory” feature. The product inventory levels in different sales channels stores are not interrelated.
- For instance, if merchant set up the inventory of Product A as 20 on SHOPLINE, and 10 for Shopee, when Product A had sold 1 unit on SHOPLINE, after ShopHub syncs the sales channel online products, SHOPLINE inventory would become 19, and Shopee would still be 10.
- Shared Inventory allows all integrated stores' product SKUs to share the same inventory amount. For details please refer to: How to enable Shared Inventory?
- Only when an order with the product is shipped from ShopHub, the inventory in "Warehouse stock" will be updated accordingly.
The following content includes four parts:
- Connect channel products
- Update connected products whose SPU or SKU has been altered
- Product connection update procedure
- Connected channel products inventory notice
Connect channel SKU
Go to [Inventory] > [Connect SKU], click small icon [Connect channel SKU] in [Operations]
There will be a popup window like the picture shown below. Select the channel products to connect with, then click "OK."
- A ShopHub SKU can only be connected with the minimal unit of channel products, which are the SPU of single attribute products and the SKU of multiple variations products.
- For single attribute products, if the channel SPU is left blank, it will not be possible to connect the product. Multiple variation products for which the SKU has been left blank cannot be connected. It is necessary to go to “Products > Sales Channel > Online, and enter a SPU or a SKU for a specific product if merchant wishes to connect it.
- Channel products that have already been connected will automatically be excluded in the popup window product list.
- When ShopHub Automation feature is enabled, it is recommended to set up products with the same SPU/SKU in your different sales channels. Due to when products have been synced to ShopHub, they will be added to "Product Library" and "Warehouse Stock" automatically. And even if a product is published multiple times in the same store, it is not necessary for merchants to manually create a connection for each individual product, ShopHub will automatically connect products with the same SKUs in different sales channels every 2 hours.
- Channel SPU/SKU can be the same or different with ShopHub SKU, depending on the preference of the merchant. If the SKUs are different then it requires merchants to connect those products manually.
- Merchants can quickly find the channel products by either directly searching for them or using the filters.
After products are connected, merchants can click on the + icon and view matched product details.
- If a channel product is sold and then the order is synced with ShopHub, inventory for all ShopHub SKUs that have not been shipped will be calculated according to the connection status: Total No. of Unshipped = To process + To ship
- If an order being synced encounters abnormalities that prevent it from being fully processed (for example: cancelled orders, deleted orders or orders that have already been shipped on a channel) then the order will be marked as "Abnormal". The inventory level of "total no. of unshipped" will then be adjusted accordingly.
Update connected SKU whose SPU or SKU has been altered
For channel products that are already connected: If the SPU or SKU for a product is altered in a channel's backend and then synced with ShopHub, it will be recorded as "Connection Abnormal".
How to check connection abnormal products
1. Go to [Inventory] > [Connect SKU] > [Abnormal connection], and view abnormal products
2. In the Order details page under the product information section, the order that has a product with abnormal connection status will be marked as "Awaiting confirmation" in the connection status column. It is necessary to click on “Confirm connect” in order to rectify the error.
- When the product in the order is in Abnormal Connection status, if failed to confirm the connection, merchants still are able to ship the order normally as unconnected products but the stock will not be deducted and the reason will be remarked in the Deduction status column.
SKU connection update procedure
If the adjustments of a channel SPU/SKU are correct, it will still need to be manually confirmed.
1. Reconnect the SKU in Inventory
Go to "Inventory" > "Connect SKU" > "Connection Abnormal" tab to edit the corresponding ShopHub SKU, then click "Confirm connection." A popup window will show up. Click "Confirm"
2. Reconnect the SKU in Orders
Go to “Orders” > select ‘“To process” tab and find the order that contains the product with abnormal connection and status is awaiting connection. Then please click on “Confirm connect” in order to correct the error.
Connected channel SKU inventory notice
- Only when an order is completed in ShopHub will the inventory be deducted.
For products that are already connected, only when an item is in stock will it be possible to move orders in "to ship" to "shipped" and the inventory of the product with the corresponding ShopHub SKU will be deducted from the warehouse. If any of the products included in an order are out of stock, the order can proceed to ship, but Shipment status for the whole order will be remarked "Failed to ship" in red due to insufficient stock. So, the SKU will not be deducted from Warehouse stock but it will be recorded in “Unshipped stock count” column.
Example: The current inventory for Product A is 10. In this example, 7 products are reserved for an existing pending order, and another 5 are reserved for a different pending order. Although both orders will be shown as in stock, the order that was placed first will be shipped and the second order will fail, due to insufficient inventory.